Wednesday, November 26, 2014

I find that now during this season of life for us with support raising that we go through ups and downs. That there are times where multiple people are deciding to partner with our ministry or at a higher level then they were every day and then there are some days where we are faithful and working hard and it seems like nothing is changing. It is easy for me to then wrap up my emotions and attitudes into how well support raising is going at the moment. A lot of this just happens naturally however this is not how God has called us to live. We should not be swayed by the changing of times but instead keep our focus on Him and find our stability and encouragement in him. I was reminded of this today as I met with Caro, a youth girl that i continue to meet with weekly over skype as we are here in the states. Sure our situation now is that of support raising but we can have this tendency no matter where we are in life and what we are doing. But really our joy is to come from Him and it doesn't matter what is going on in our life, we can always receive that joy from Him. She has been having a particularly difficult and challenging time in her life as she has been sick, responsibilities at school, an internship to prepare for, a driving test to accomplish, family obligations, and the list goes on. Sure, her life looks very different then mine but it would also be easy for her to let these things control how she is feeling and living her life. However this week we decided to go out alone and go on a walk with God and just spend time thanking Him for all that He has done for us. Praising Him for who He is. She made the time even though she did not think she would have enough time or energy to do it however she came back reenergized praising our Father in heaven, drawing her joy from Him. She has been such an encouragement for me to be seeking my joy and energy from Him no matter what. This has caused me to share some of the praises, thanks, and God sightings that I have from the last couple weeks.

- The fact that we live across the street from our nieces and nephews and are blessed to have them come over and visit frequently throughout the week (including now as Titus is playing with our Monopoly game)
- Being able to get together this last weekend with my whole family to celebrate Thanksgiving
- All the love and support that we receive from so many people that are regularly praying for us and the ministry in Innsbruck.
- The support of the organization that we are a part of.
- About a month ago we had an ultrasound and my placenta was very low and they had said if it doesn't move I would have to have a c-section so they would need to monitor it so we went in for another ultrasound a couple weeks ago. Right away the doctor mentioned that the placenta had moved a little bit but not enough so I would have to come in again in another month. She was encouraging and then went on checking different things in the ultrasound she was about ready to wrap up when she asked to take some more pictures of the baby's heart, it was just such a good angle. I said she could and right away when she went to zoom in on the heart she paused and said that the placenta moved, a long ways away from the bottom. She said that I must have been having a contraction earlier and that is way the placenta was so low at the time but now because she took her time she saw it go back to normal. She said I would not have to come back to have it checked on again. I however give the credit to God and am curious who it was that was praying for me and our baby at that exact moment.
- I was reminded by getting together with a friend how blessed I am that we have had one healthy baby and are pregnant with a second. Before Seth and I were married my doctor had told me that she didn't think it would be easy for me to ever get pregnant, if I would ever be able to. It had weighed on me for a long time and took a while to give that over to God and trust that He would bless us with children in His timing however He wants to. We however have been so blessed!

I could go on for a very long time, however I will stop so it doesn't get too long! God sure does bless us in so many different ways!

No comments:

Post a Comment